CNC Milling Service
Star Rapid’s CNC milling service is dedicated to creating complex geometries and features on plastic and metal parts for prototypes and low-volume manufacturing. We have more than twenty multi-axis CNC machining centers imported from the United States and Taiwan, as well as domestic automatic and manual mills.
Our CNC milling services are designed to complement our many other fabrication and finishing capabilities, to provide you with a complete and rapid turn-key solution for your next project.
What Is CNC Milling?
Milling is the process of removing material from a solid blank to create a finished or semi-finished shape. The process is guided by your CAD file, optimized to create a physical copy of your digital design.
In CNC milling, the workpiece is held in a rigid vice or holding fixture, mounted on a work table. This table rotates as well as pivots, making two axes of movement. Cutting tools mounted on a rotating spindle remove material to create a variety of complex geometries and part features on the workpiece. The real advantage of a multi-axis milling machine, such as our Haas UMC-750 milling center, is that the worktable and the spindle move on many axes independent to one another, providing not only accuracy and repeatability but also versatility.
Why Choose CNC Milling?
CNC milling is ideal for making angled shapes, slots and channels, chamfers, holes, curves and flat surfaces, among many other features. A CNC mill removes large amounts of material fast with high accuracy, while producing a good surface finish. Milling can be done on any rigid material, though we primarily work with metals and plastics. Of all available CNC machining processes, milling is the most versatile.
Milling is used not only to make finished parts but also to build tooling for plastic injection molding and pressure die casting. Set-up time is minimal, so a CAD file can be translated into a finished part in a matter of hours. Because there is no need to make other specialty tools, you aren’t committed to a minimum order quantity so the process is very cost effective with little waste.
What Kinds Of Material Can Be CNC Milled?
While potentially any solid, stable material can be milled, we have a standard selection of raw material including hard plastics and aluminum, various steels, titanium, magnesium, brass, copper and other alloys.
Note that some hardened steels may be too hard to CNC machine, or else would require specialty cutting tools and longer processing times. Soft elastomers or plastics may also be impossible to mill since they cannot be held in a fixed position or would change in shape under the pressure of the cutting tool.
What Are The Advantages of Star Rapid’s CNC Milling Service?
- Imported CNC milling centers and cutting tools offer repeatable precision on your projects.
- Staffed by skilled operators working with a team of international managers and toolmakers.
- We’re able to keep costs down while providing unmatched precision and quality without compromises.
- We work in a clean, well-lit and climate-controlled production area, certified to ISO9001:20015, ISO14001 and BS-OHSAS 18001 standards.
- We use best-in-class AutoCAD software for maximum efficiency and machine compatibility.
- Incoming quality inspection and testing of raw materials ensures the integrity of our supply chain, so you get exactly the materials you specified.
- We are experts in prototyping and low-volume manufacturing, so quick set-ups and rapid production is in our DNA.
- Our CNC milling services are designed to work in tandem with our many other in-house fabricating and finishing capabilities, to provide you with a comprehensive one-stop rapid manufacturing solution.
- We’re located close to major shipping ports in Shenzhen and Hong Kong, so your parts can be on their way to you fast.
See Our CNC Facilities For Yourself
Get Your CNC Milling Project Started Today
With a range of finishing services to choose from and guaranteed quality thanks to our inspection services you can trust you will receive great parts every time. Once you send us your 3D CAD file, one of our customer service engineers will check your design for manufacturability to ensure that the part can be made to your expectations and budget requirements. Contact us today for a free quote!