Human Resources Director
Job posted on: 19 March 2019
Star Rapid is a British owned, high-growth, high-tech manufacturer based in China with a 10+ year track record of success. We offer a wide range of services including 3D printing, CNC machining, plastic injection molding and rapid tooling, all the while ensuring the highest quality.
As a part of our continued expansion, we are looking for a Human Resources Director to plan, guide and coordinate HR activities, make sure talent is fully utilized, design and execute HR strategy, establish good communication and effective motivation systems and to be fully responsible for the HR department.
This role will be full of challenges and rewards. If you would like to be part of the Star Rapid success story as we evolve to become one of the industry’s leading manufacturing service providers, please contact us today with your cover letter and CV.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contribute information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establish human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives
- Implement human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance and labor relation
- Manage human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; determining production, productivity, quality and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change
- Develop human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting and anticipating requirements, trends and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analysing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances
- Accomplish special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfilment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction
- Support management by providing human resources advice, counsel and decisions; analyzing information and applications
- Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing and updating policies, procedures, methods and guidelines; communicating Star’s values
- Comply with PRC legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Update job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree or MBA preferred
- 10+ years HR generalist experience with at least 5 years managerial experience
- Comprehensive understanding of Chinese labor market and labor laws, which includes experience dealing with local government
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships within all levels of the organization
- Hands-on and proven ability to work independently, with little supervision, team player and problem solver, fair, ethical and with unquestionable integrity
- Superior communication & interpersonal skills, including written skills and delivering presentations
- Proficiency in English (both oral and written) and Mandarin
- Strong leadership skills
- Strategic thinking and excellent analytical capability
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Demonstrates commitment to Star Values
Check Out Our Job Openings
If you don't see your dream job above but think you have the skills we are looking for, let us know! At Star, we are always on the look out for new talent to join our team. If you think you can help us create beautiful parts send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected].