CNC Turning Service
At Star Rapid, we provide you with high quality CNC turning services using our brand-new Haas ST-20Y turning mills imported from the United States. These CNC turning mills are hybrid machines, combining the best features of lathes and mills to provide true 4-axis machining for even greater efficiency and more complex geometries on your project.
When combined with our other CNC machining, low-volume manufacturing, prototyping and finishing services, our CNC turning service will get you great parts for up to 50% less than our competitors while maintaining the quality you expect.
What Is CNC Turning?
CNC turning involves holding the workpiece in a horizontally-mounted, adjustable spindle. As the workpiece rotates, various cutting tools are applied to the piece to create circular shapes and features like rings, grooves, slots, contours, radii, internal bores and threads. On our Haas turning mills, an extra axis of movement allows us to work perpendicular to the lathe spindle to make square faces or to bore holes. This opens up many new machining possibilities.
CNC turning is used for any rotationally symmetrical shape, to remove material quickly while leaving an excellent surface finish that sometimes requires no post-processing.
Why Choose CNC Turning?
CNC turning is the fastest way to remove large amounts of material on rounded stock. It’s a type of machining that is also ideal for larger production runs when coupled with an automatic bar feeder that provides an uninterrupted supply of raw material into the machine.
CNC turning is the only industrial process to choose when making production volumes of concentric shapes or threaded features. And, because of the rigid construction of a CNC lathe there is little vibration, which means CNC turning can offer high levels of dimensional accuracy with excellent surface finishes.
What Kinds Of Material Can Be CNC Turned?
While potentially any solid, stable material can be turned, we work with hard plastics and aluminum, many kinds of mild and stainless steel, titanium, magnesium, brass, copper and other alloys.
Note that some tool steel may be too hard to cut on a lathe or mill or else will require special treatment and a longer production time. Soft elastomers or plastics may also be impossible to turn since they cannot be held in a fixed position or would change in shape under the pressure of the cutting tool.
Haas ST20 SSY
Our CNC Turning Services: What Are The Advantages of Working With Us?
At Star Rapid, we have a complete CNC machining service waiting to start making your CNC machined parts. Whether it’s turning, milling or any other CNC machining services, here are some of the reasons you won’t be disappointed when working with us:
- We’re located in Southern China, close to major shipping ports in Shenzhen and Hong Kong, so your parts can be delivered fast and at a competitive price.
- We have world-class CNC lathes with live tooling and bar feeders. All of our cutting tools come from Gühring of Germany.
- Our production area is clean, well-lit and climate controlled. We are certified to ISO9001:20015, ISO14001 and BS-OHSAS 18001 standards.
- All of our CNC machines are linked together by a digital resource management system for maximum efficiency and project tracking.
- You will have an international team of skilled technicians, managers and toolmakers working for you.
- We’re able to keep costs down while providing unmatched precision and quality without cutting corners.
- We use advanced CNC software from Autodesk and Vericut to optimize tool paths, speeds and feeds.
- Incoming quality inspection and testing of raw materials ensures the integrity of our supply chain, so you get exactly the materials you specified.
- We are experts in prototyping and low-volume manufacturing, so quick set-ups and rapid production is in our DNA.
- Our CNC milling and CNC turning services are designed to work in tandem with our many other in-house fabrication and finishing services. We offer you a complete one-stop rapid manufacturing and volume production solution.
Additional Services To Help You Finish Your CNC Turning Project
We have many additional services to provide you with a complete manufacturing solution to support your most sophisticated applications. These include CNC milling, surface grinding, laser etching, media blasting, EDM machining, hardening and more. And we can finish your parts with a world-class paint job, anodizing, chrome and nickel plating, surface passivation and printing. If you have additional requirements our team is standing by to find the solution that’s right for you.
See Our CNC Facilities For Yourself
Are You Ready To Start Your Next CNC Project?
With a range of finishing services to choose from and guaranteed quality thanks to our inspection services you can trust you will receive great parts every time. Once you send us your 3D CAD file for a free quote, one of our customer service engineers will check your design for manufacturability to ensure that the part can be made to your expectations and budget requirements.